Friday 2 May 2014

Summer 995 - Across the River Toshka

Wow, a full month since the last report!? Shame on me. Let's get cracking.









Aside from taking way to long to get to grips with this battle on both ends,  it was a titanic struggle. I believe it was the longest game of RRtK that I've played to date. It lasted 11 turns. This was one that seemed winnable by either side, right up until the end.

I hope it reads okay, I must admit that what took me so long was trying to figure out how the pictures and my notes fit together as a story. In the heat of battle my photo log was the first casualty.

As a side note, there was actually a lot of magic being cast but it ended up not having that much effect in game terms. The massed bow fire of Stygustan is still deadly, but the archers require not being hit themselves, as they are very brittle.

Hope you enjoyed it and it looks like we'll be having Mangu vs. Stygustan II very soon.

8 comments:

  1. Very cool report. Different types of armies than those usually fielded. I tyr to get the last summer battle done today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Epic battle! Thanks for fighting it out.

    Both the Drums of Doom and the Brazier of Durmun were lost to Mangu!

    Mangu national morale is through the roof and they are happy to pursue the war further. The fact that they live to fight may have something to do with this.

    Stygustan morale is destroyed by the loss of their treasured possessions. They sue for peace. Will Impohtehnt survive this defeat or will political life take its toll now?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Forgot to add that peace will last until the end of Summer 997

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also forgot to roll for the war between Stygustan and Northern Tropilium. Northern Tropilium makes the national morale roll easily but Stygustan fails one die and NM goes down one. Clearly Northern Tropilium is buoyed up by seeing the Stygustani defeat.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks guys! Doh! Just when I was ready for another battle with Stygustan. I wonder what unpainted figures I will have to use next?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You will have to deal with the Northern Tropilium invasion of Stygustan next season, so you can continue to use Stygustan for the time being. :)

      Delete
  6. nice report. this is getting better and better by the seasons

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cedric. I'm trying to jazz it up a little.

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.